You Can't Do That in Canada!
by Bev Spencer
Every level of government makes rules and bylaws; new ones are always being written. But a lot of old laws are still in the books. For instance, did you know it's illegal to allow your pigeon to perch upon anything not owned by you? Or that it's against the law to kill a sasquatch?
Other wacky laws:
- The size of snowmen on a corner lot in Souris, PEI cannot exceed 76 centimetres.
- Taxi drivers in Halifax must wear socks.
- You can be fined for swearing on Parliament Hill.
- You're not allowed to damage rocks in Oak Bay, B.C.
- You can't watch television while driving on Ontario highways.
Spencer's collection of strange laws make for amusing bathroom reading. The cartoons are funny, too.