Crazy About Canada: Amazing Things Kids Want to Know
by Vivien Bowers
illustrated by Dianne Eastmann
Kids ask a lot of questions! They’re curious about everything, especially their own country. Here are some things they need answers to:
- · How many moose live in Canada?
- · Why are there no skunks in Newfoundland?
- · How did the hoodoos form?
- · Are there deserts in Canada?
- · Who is Bruce? (the Bruce Trail and the Bruce Peninsula are named for him)
- · Are canoes originally from Canada?
For more questions and answers about Canada, read this fact-filled book!
A common question asked by kids is “Why name it that?” For answers, give them Let's Call It Canada by Susan Hughes. Whether to commemorate a person, a geographical landmark, or a wild animal, Canadian place names are often funny and unusual, and always memorable.